Wednesday, October 18, 2006

the RealiTy is...

remember those good old time television shows, where the family would all sit down to a hot dinner of homemade mashed potatoes, steamed veggies, and turkey roast~ and the first thing the parents would say after grace was "and what did you learn today jr?" ....? welp... i've only been called jr once in my life, but here is what i learned today...


I am weak
I have been holding God back
There is a great work going on around me, and i have been standing in the way (unbeknownst) 2 what God was trying to do through me.
I have been fearful. and not of God's power...
I have been intimidated by tasks, expectations, deadlines, and experiences
I have been selfish

i have made excuses
i have made poor attempts
i have allowed myself to be limited
...to be persuaded (that all that i was doing was all that i could do)
...to be... content
to be overwhelmed

God Is Great! (just ponder that statement..allow it to siiiiiiinnnnnnnnk innnnnnnn....) His Might Will Prepare me- Sustain me- and MAke Me EnoUgH!!!

He does not only limit us to what we can handle when we are being tempted... but he also gives us only what we CAN handle in our work, in our life, in our ministry, n' in the expectations of greatness that lay on us...


i dont want to stand in His way any longer..... Be Great in me 2day Father.
Help me 2 know only Your power, use only Your strength, and see only Your vision, -2 feel only Your love, pursue only Your acknowledgement, and seek only Your satisfaction.
I know that you long 2... plz, be Great in me 2day.

4 this strecth- i can not reach without you.
im ready 2 jump ~~ and i NEED you to MaKe me fly
"be near, oh God-be near"
i finally understand what it truly means- that i Must become Less- so that You may become MoRe...


...i can finally see, that this overwhelming feeling only overwhelms- because i have only been me...
Abba, tu es amor.
<3k
(it is a blessing to see the confidence they have in me - and a comfort to know, i can lay that on You)

4 Comments:

At 5:28 AM, Blogger Gheever said...

Hey Kat,
it's good to read an update again it's been awhile. I hope you are continuing to grow and learn more about who God is and the perfect plan he has for you.

My prayers are with you.

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Shannyn said...

Wi aw luv U!

That's the best abrev. that I can do.

Thanks for being so open and honest with your blog. I think that it is awesome that you do that and I reckon that more people should.

Know that I am praying for you.

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Chelsea Taylor said...

Kat, its been a while, but i have to say thank you for your honesty and your words in this post. I can very much relate to what you have been feeling and while its nice to know youre not alone in things like that, its much more encouraging to see where you look for strength to overcome those things.
Thats a great prayer you hvae there, and one which i think i may borrow sometime too hehe

God bless

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger Gheever said...

Hey Kat hope you are well and things are working out for you. I hope you have a great New Years Eve.

Prayers are with you.

Love Craig

 

Post a Comment

<< Home