Thursday, August 31, 2006

a whole new world

Well, this can't be a long one~ as much as it does deserve to be...

I am in Fl- half-way through my first day of 'work'. Two meetings down baby! and the first thing that strikes the gong of unfamilarity is all the discussion concerning our 'hurricane plans and procedures'. We're not expecting to get it bad, but services have alreay been cancelled for the next couple days (although, work has not been) mer... ;o) It's a welcoming enviornment- and there are plenty of friendly faces, and warnings, and advice, and questions, and -of course- expectations. oh-oh!! i got to see my business card today!! its soo cool. =) we're having our first launch for our new church this sunday (im working at one church- on 3 campuses, i am the student director of my campus, the newest one, being held out of a local high school).
My sister and i got in yesterday evening and began unpacking into my new home- with my new 'seregate family' as they have been reffered to as. The Peri's. Ingrid and Ron. They have 4 children of their own- all grown, most married, some with children. It's a huge house- talllll ceilings, and they are sweet people. gonna be an interesting arrangement to get accustumned to. having my sister here has been the biggest blessing.
for the support, the hugs, the extra hands for unpacking ;) , the laughter, and the diagnosing of aawkward situations. hehe... *sigh* she flew into Georgia sunday evening- where i picked her up and we crashed at a hotel for the night. I had traveled there from camp ini southern ohio after having some of my great friends get hitched. :) it was beautiful!! and such an amazing time getting to hang out with everyone before i left... after the wedding we had a party at my friends justin's house--all the past camp people were there. we ranged in ages from 27- 17, and we were all like family. laughing, chatting, swimminig, hott tubing, singing karoke, watching south park, chatting, hugging, throwing those fully dressed into the pool. (t-hehehe) the next morning, my boys took me to breakfast (@ 2) at bob evans before i took off. I friggen Love them sooo much! =) Brock, Justin, and I had a fab time.
they both mean sooo much to me, and have been steady men in my life- a rariety. and they've both been my date to a formal! so thats always fun to watch them compete--lol.... aww, i miss em...
n-e-way..

ohp! i gotta run.
luv ya'll
fo shizzle
<3

1 Comments:

At 4:50 AM, Blogger Shannyn said...

Glad to hear that you are settling in and stuff like that. I won't stop praying for you though ;)
I think that we need another phone call soon, what do you reckon?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home